http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one.. TFC waxes fangirl on Bethesda Softworks

Where the hell have I been, you ask?

Well, between chasing my young child around and generally having one heck of a busy weekend, I got ahold of Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, the game I've been waiting FIVE FREAKING YEARS FOR after I played Elder Scrolls: Oblivion absolutely to death. Seriously, I've had to replace the damn disk at least once.

I know somewhere waaaaay back in my posts I mentioned that I am a hardcore gamer. This is both true and untrue. I AM a hardcore gamer, but Bethesda Softworks produces games that are so good, so unlike anything else available in gaming, that I've pretty much become a snob about it and I don't play much of anything else. I would rather make new characters and do replays of Bethesda games til they come out with something else, than play most of the formulaic crap that's available and popular.

If Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, or Skyrim were multiplayer games, they'd probably kick me off the server, thinking I'd hacked the thing somehow. I'm honestly that good. My boyfriend got me this game because he knew I was more likely to cry over this than some stupid piece of jewelry or some other girly thing, and when he was at GameStop, the cashier tried to sell him the strategy guide for the game.. to which my (surprisingly insightful) boyfriend replied:

"No way, man. She won't HAVE that in her house. If I bring that home, she'll consider it cheating.. or like, spoiling the end of a movie. She's waited five years for this game. If I bring that home, she'll send me, and the guide, back HERE to live".

heh... too bad he's not kidding, huh?

Posts on the subject to come. I have to go throw a fireball at some giant freaking poisonous spiders right now.

The Feminine Context

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, however innocuous or smarmy. I'll probably answer!